Graham Crackers - AIP, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Graham Crackers (Paleo, AIP) from @thrivingonpaleo
By Michele Spring
2 cups Unsweetened Lovebird Cereal
1 tsp Cinnamon
Pinch Sea Salt
3 tbsp Palm Shortening
1⁄4 cup Coconut Sugar
2 tbsp Honey
1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F. Place a sheet of parchment paper on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Add the cereal, cinnamon, and sea salt to a food processor and pulse for about 30-seconds or until the crumbs are approximately the same size.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and process for 1-minute. The mixture may not have come into a ball, but it should stick together if you press it together between your fingers.
- Dump the contents of the food processor onto the baking sheet and form into a lump, then flatten it with the palms of your hands into a square, approximately 1⁄4 inch thick.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the top is browned. Remove from the oven, let cool, then carefully cut into squares using a sharp chef’s knife.
Notes: This makes approximately four 3x3 inch crackers. You can of course make them smaller or bigger if you wish.
If you do not have a food processor you can put the cereal in a plastic bag and use a meat tenderizer or cup to crush the cereal into crumbs, then use a hand mixer or spoon to mix the rest of the ingredients together in a bowl.
These last approximately one week at room temperature. They’ll get soggy if you put them in
Autoimmune Protocol Compliant, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Be the first to comment.