Crunchy Cookie Cake Cereal Fudge Bars - AIP, Paleo, Dairy-Free, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Crunchy Cookie Cake Cereal Fudge Bars by @cathryn_fowler_
Cookie Cake Bottom Layer:
- 1 cup ground Lovebird Cereal
- 1/4 cup coconut oil or ghee
- 3-4 TB yacon syrup (could use honey or maple syrup)
- 1 TB vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder*
- 1/4 tsp baking soda*
- pinch of real salt
- 2 TB coconut milk
- optional: 1/4 cup of your favorite chocolate (or carob) bar cut up into pieces
*You can keep the baking powder and baking soda out and make the cookie cake raw with no baking.
Carob Fudge Middle Layer:
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/4 cup coconut butter
- 1/4 cup carob (or cacao)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- optional: 1 TB yacon syrup (I used none. Carob is naturally sweet. if You use cacao, you might want to add a bit of sweetener.)
Cereal Crunch Top Layer:
- 2 cups lovebird cereal
- 1-2 TB yacon syrup (taste and adjust for sweet preference - I used one TB.)
- 6 TB coconut oil
- 4 TB coconut butter (or nut butter)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
Directions for Bottom Layer:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together ground cereal, baking powder, baking soda, and real salt.
- Mix in the coconut oil until it’s crumbly.
- Add in yacon syrup, vanilla extract, and coconut milk. Combine until you have a sticky dough. If using chocolate chunks, add them here.
- Form the dough in a ball and press it into a lined loaf pan.
- Place the pan in the fridge for 5 minutes to harden.
- Remove the pan and bake for 12-13 minutes.
- Remove from oven let cool while you make the middle layer.
**You can also skip the baking and leave the dough raw. Just mix dough ingredients (without baking soda and baking powder) and press into a lined loaf pan and pop in the refrigerator.
Directions for Middle Layer:
- In a small dish, combine your coconut oil, coconut butter, carob, and vanilla. Mix together and layer on top of the bottom layer (the cookie cake.)
- Set the pan aside while you make your top layer.
Directions for Top Layer:
- In another dish, combine your yacon syrup, coconut oil, coconut butter, and vanilla. Mix until well combined.
- Add in your Lovebird cereal and mix.
- Layer the mixture on top of the middle layer (the carob fudge).
- Pop in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours to harden.
I keep them in the refrigerator and they’re perfectly delicious and crunchy straight out! Enjoy!!
Autoimmune Protocol Compliant, Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, and Gluten-Free