Peppermint Chocolate Hazelnut Cups: Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy Free
The Lovebird bakeoff to fight childhood cancer marches on with this 💎 from the talented @cathryn_fowler_
This recipe is Paleo, Grain-Free, Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, with No Refined Sugar.
No Bake Peppermint Chocolate Hazelnut Cups
Cereal Cup Bottom Layer:
• 2 1/2 cups Lovebird cereal (slightly crushed in a food processor))
• 1/2 cup hazelnuts (slightly crushed in a food processor)
• 1/4-1/3 cup melted coconut oil
• 2 TB yacon syrup (adjust to taste - could use honey or maple syrup)
• 1/2 cup hazelnut butter
• 2 heaped TB protein powder (I used one of Bethany’s @lilsipper vanilla digestive protein packets - .9 oz) or could probably use 2 TB coconut flour
• 2 TB yacon syrup (adjust to taste)
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/8th tsp of salt
• 8 oz favorite chocolate melted (I used Addictive Wellness)
• 2 TB coconut oil
• 3-4 tsp peppermint extract (adjust to taste - I used 4 tsp)
1. To make the bottom layer, combine crushed cereal, crushed hazelnuts, coconut oil, and yacon syrup in a bowl. Make sure you have a sticky consistency - use more coconut oil if needed.
2. Line a cupcake pan and divide the mixture into 12 cups. Press the mixture down and make a little dent in the middle. Pop in the freezer for for about 5 minutes while you make your filling.
3. For the filling, mix the hazelnut butter, protein powder, yacon syrup, vanilla, and salt together. Pour the mix on top of each cereal cup. Pop back in the freezer for 5-10 minutes.
4. Next, melt your favorite chocolate with coconut oil and peppermint and layer it on top of the middle filling. Pop back in the freezer until set.