Chocolate Crispy Squares - Grain Free, Dairy Free, No Refined Sugar, Paleo, AIP
A clean eating version of a classic from the talented @itsallaboutaip
Chocolate Crispy Squares
(Makes 16 squares)
- 1 Batch of Sweetened Condensed Coconut Milk (1 can of full fat coconut milk and ¼ cup of honey or maple syrup).
- 6 cups of plain lovebird cereal (1.5 boxes)
- 2 Tbsp coconut sugar
- ½ Cup of Dairy Free Chocolate Chips or Carob Chips (AIP)
- Make the sweetened condensed coconut milk. Mix the coconut milk and the honey or maple syrup in a medium sized pot and bring to a gentle boil over low heat. Simmer on low heat for 30-40 minutes or until it has decreased by ⅓ and the color is starting to change. Whisk occasionally.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add approximately half of the sweetened condensed coconut milk and half of the plain cereal and stir.
- Add the rest of the plain cereal and the rest of the sweetened condensed coconut milk to the large bowl. Sprinkle in 2 Tbsp of coconut sugar and then stir to mix all together.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper. Spoon the cereal mixture into the lined baking dish.
- Bake for 15 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from the oven and add your dairy free chocolate chips or your carob chips on top. Put back in the oven for 2 minutes or until melted.
- Remove from the oven and spread the melted chocolate or carob over the squares until thoroughly covered.
- Cool completely before cutting into squares. Store in the fridge for up to 4 days. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes prior to serving.
Be the first to comment.