Twix Cereal Bars: Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, No Refined Sugar
Twix cereal bars 🤯
The 12th entry into the Lovebird bakeoff to fight childhood cancer is out of this world. 🚀
The talented and Lovebird supporter since day -1 (when I didn’t even have a website!) @bakeit.paleo used magic to make this one! ✨
This recipe is Paleo, Grain-Free, Dairy-Free, Nut-Free, and No Refined Sugar.
TWIX CEREAL BARS
- 1/2 cup sunflower seed butter
- 3 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 2 1/2 cups Lovebird Honey Cereal
- 14 medjool dates (225g pitted)
- 2 Tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 5 oz dark chocolate
- 3 Tbsp sunflower seed butter
(1) Make the crust: combine sunflower seed butter, coconut oil and honey in a large bowl. Mix in cereal. Firmly press the mixture into a lined 8" x 8" baking dish and place in the freezer.
(2) Make the caramel filling: soak the pitted dates in hot water for 5 minutes to soften. Drain the water, then add the dates to a food processor along with the coconut oil, vanilla and salt. Blend until smooth. Grab the crust from the freezer and spread the caramel over the crust.
(3) Make the chocolate topping: place the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a small saucepan. Melt on the stove top, over low heat, stirring frequently. Once fully melted, spread the chocolate over the caramel filling.
(4) Freeze for 30 minutes or until set, then cut into 16 equally sized pieces.
(5) Bars soften at room temperature, so store in the fridge or freezer.